SBR Latex For Waterproofing
Perma Latex SBR is based on Styrene Butadiene rubber, special adhesive and bonding chemicals along with hydrophilic agents. Perma Latex SBR gives a versatile performance in many civil engineering applications. The product is a milky white liquid.
Perma Latex SBR is a high quality emulsion which enhances the performance of cement mortar and concrete, Some examples from its innumerable uses are as follows :
An excellent product in concrete repairs as in combination with cement (1:1) it produces a very strong primer and as an additive in the mortar to make a strong waterproof plaster.
An indispensable product in floor repairs. Perma Latex SBR is used in mortar as an additive to make screeds which can be feather edged and can be used successfully in restoring the nosings of floor ducts and stairs.
In case of multilayered plaster Perma Latex SBR bonding slurry helps in building up layer after layer. The bond coat not only serves as a bonding agent but also as a waterproof barrier.
Perma Latex SBR modified mortars are used in joining prefabricated members and as bedding mortar in precast block work to secure water tight joints.
In terrace waterproofing and patch up repairs Perma Latex SBR forms an important member as it helps bonding new plaster to old plaster and also helps in making non shrink crack free mortar for repairs.
With fine sand cement mortar Perma Latex SBR is admixed to get an excellent adhesive for fixing wall panelling, stones, tiles including granite and marble tiles.
Cement Perma Latex SBR slurries are used as corrosion inhibitor on exposed reinforcements and on bridge girders to protect them from attack of chlorides and sulphates.
Perma Latex SBR is used in making waterproof slurries for repairs of old waterproofing works and waterproof mortars for new waterproofing works.
Perma Latex SBR is used in arresting leakages from water retaining structures whether through pipe, concrete junctions or from masonry pointings.
Perma Latex SBR is used in arresting leakages from overhead and underground potable water tanks.
Perma Latex SBR is a very strong bonding agent for mortars and concrete to bond with old concrete, stone, steel, brick etc.
Perma Latex SBR is a strong corrosion inhibitor. It prevents entry of chloride and sulphate ions into the cementitious structure.
Perma Latex SBR is a superior waterproofing product.
Perma Latex SBR is an excellent adhesive for tiles, stones, marble and granite tiles.
It is very easy to use and is non toxic. Perma Latex SBR poses no environmental hazards.
Perma Latex SBR increases the compressive, tensile and flexural strength of concrete and mortars.
Perma Latex SBR makes mortars non shrink, strong and dust proof.
Where no remedy exists for saltpetre action on walls, Perma Latex SBR modified mortar solves the problem with ease.
Perma Latex SBR is successfully used as a primer to brick bat coba systems on terraces.
Perma Latex SBR is economical than many similar products yet gives multifold advantages.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- SURFACE PREPARATION: Surfaces to receive any repair treatment should be sound, free from loose particles, grease, oil or any deleterious material. All loose portions should be cut back to sound concrete. Surface should be sufficiently wetted to saturation level but should be free from stagnant water.
- AGGREGATES: Aggregates should be clean and sound. They should be designed properly with respect to the mix as well as maximum aggregate size with respect to the thickness of concrete or mortar to be laid. In case of mortars maximum grain size of the fine aggregate should be around one fourth the thickness of the member to be cast and it should be graded.
- MIXING: Mortars can be mixed manually or by machine. Dose Perma Latex SBR with gauging water. As soon as the mix Is ready immediately empty the mixer drum. Do not leave modified mixes in mixer drum after mixing operation is complete.
- APPLICATION METHOD: Application system of Perma Latex SBR consists of applying a primer and when the primer is still tacky apply the mortar. Primer is made by mixing Perma Latex SBR, water and cement in various proportions. The mortar consists of cement, sand, water and Perma Latex SBR in various proportions depending upon the type and area of use.
- FLOOR REPAIRS: Prepare the base and apply primer obtained by mixing cement with Perma Latex SBR and water in the proportion of (2:1:1). When the primer is still tacky apply mortar which has Latex SBR and water in the proportion of (1:6). For repairing floor duct edges and nosing of stairs let the primer be same but mortar to be added with Latex SBR and water in the proportion (1:3) of.
- WATERPROOF PLASTER: Mix Latex SBR and water in the proportion of (1:6) use this as gauging water in mortar and apply the mortar. Should there be a need of primer use (1:4) Latex SBR water in cement to form a primer and brush apply this before application of plaster.
- BONDING OLD CONCRETE TO NEW: Use Perma Latex SBR with cement in the proportion of 1:1 to form a thick slurry. Brush apply this to the old concrete just before concreting.
- FOR FIXING GRANITE AND MARBLE TILES AND FOR FIXING PANELLING : Perma Latex SBR and cement (1:1) to be applied on the surface of wall or concrete as well as behind marble or granite tile. Adhesive: Mix Latex SBR and water in (1:1) proportion and add it to the cement sand mix. Use this mortar for fixing when the primer is still tacky.
Curing of the modified mortar is essential to prevent it from premature drying out. After twenty four hours of application of the mortar start curing or by very light spray for two to three days and then allow it to dry off.
Varies depending upon the type of use. Primer covers 40 square feet per litre of Perma Latex SBR.
Perma Latex SBR is available in 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 Litre, 5 Litre, 10 Litre, 20 Litre, 25 Litre, 100 Litre and 200 Litre packing.
Perma Latex SBR has a shelf life of 24 months when stored as recommended in original packing in a cool and dry place above 5°C.
PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.